The Performance Umpiring team is delighted to announce the Level 2 Umpire Squad for the 2020 season.
The full squad is:
- Shelly Carden (Hamilton City)
- Te Kaweora Enoka-Barton (Hamilton City)
- Ella Higgins (Cambridge)
- William Kopa (Eastern Waikato)
- McKenzie Northcott (Hamilton City)
- Connor Pascoe (Harbourside)
- Ruth Robinson (Hamilton City)
- Amanda Thompson (Harbourside)
- Melanie Twyford (Te Awamutu)
- Aiden Vanner (Te Awamutu)
Coaching the squad will be Pam Clayton, along with Ceri Hills and Darne Rawiri assisting.
There is a very good balance of youth and experience in this 2020 squad.
There are six umpires returning from the 2019 Level 2 squad and they add maturity, experience and knowledge to the group.
McKenzie was new to the Zone in 2019 and impressed the selectors at UNISS.
Three members of the Level 1 squad from 2019, Aiden, Connor and William, have had an outstanding year both on and off the court and we cannot wait to see them stretch themselves even further at this next level in 2020.
This squad kicks off their season with a workshop on the 1st of December in Cambridge.
We are also delighted to have Ceri and Darne join the coaching group under the tutoring of Pam, as we seek to ensure we are developing not only the umpires but umpire coaches at all levels.