The Zone is delighted to announce the umpires who have been selected for the WBOP Level 1 Umpire Squad for 2019 2020
- Hana Briggs (Harbourside)
- Maddison Coffey (Hamilton City)
- Ava Gill (Te Awamutu)
- Jessica Macintyre-Tate (Hamilton City)
- Ella Svendsen (Harbourside)
- Lucy Turner (Harbourside)
- Kayli van der Heyden (Otorohanga)
- Coach: Rose Powdrell
- Cadet coaches: Andrea Hall and Angela Newton
- Mentor: Jan Teesdale
Jan Teesdale, the Umpire Lead says Ella and Maddison return for a second year and they are joined by 5 new umpires to this squad. The umpires were viewed at Centre, Zone and National events like UNISS and Under 15 Tournament in NP. It is an exciting opportunity for these secondary school umpires and is a reflection of the development work being done in the schools and Centres.
We encourage the umpires to seize the opportunity to have fun and stretch their umpiring and personal skills. Rose is in her 3rd year coaching the squad and four of her umpires from the 2018-2019 squad have gone on to gain their NZ badges.
Well done to everyone selected.