The Level 1 Performance Programme started yesterday at the Tokoroa Events Centre. The group comprised of 62 identified players and 8 identified umpires.
The purpose of the programme is to maximise the potential of identified athletes in the Magic Zone and introduce the Netball New Zealand Player profiles for Secondary School athletes.
The Magic Zone has identified some key areas to work through and has assembled an exceptional group of coaches and experienced high performance sport science staff to support the growth of our young netballers. This includes:
- What influences your decision making and your learning style – Greg Cummings from Innate Potential and Liz Van Welie Aquatics
- How be supported by your family, how to manage disappointment and remain grounded after success – Ruth Aitken meeting with Parents
- Understanding the statistics and visual information from the game – Shannon O’Donnell Magic Performance Analyst
- Managing your recovery, strapping yourself and managing through injury – Amanda Foster New Zealand Secondary Schools and Magic Zone BEKO team physiotherapist
- Strength and Conditioning testing – Magic S&C Coach Barrie Jennings
- Understanding functional movement relative to the physical nature of netball – Craig Newland and Tim Wilson The Athlete Factory NZ
- Specialist coaching from experienced International, National and Zone netball coaches – Amigene Metcalfe, Mary- Jane Araroa, Casey Kopua, Ruth Aitken, Rebecca Greenhalgh, Helena Hoult, Debbie Fuller, Jodi Tod-Elliot, Janelle Nee, Taneta Riki, Kiwi McLeod and Karen Aulelio
The programme continues next Sunday at ASB Arena in Tauranga. At the end of the programme a group will be selected to join the Level 2 Performance Group and the remainder will be supported through the off-season with individual programming until they return to their school and club teams in 2018.